IFAN carries out the majority of its activities though its working groups
Asia Pacific Group:
To deal with standards users’ issues specific to the Asia Pacific region.
To deal with standards users' issues specific to Europe and to improve IFAN cooperation with CEN and CENELEC.
WG1 Promotion and Awareness:
Assisting the board in the development and preparation of promotion ideas and products e.g : social media, web site, press releases, IFAN logo, leaflets, stationery, slides, gifts, articles, etc.
WG3 Standards access and distribution:
- Studying user needs in the field of access to and distribution of standards including the application of electronic tools for these purposes, and
- Advising the IFAN Board on the development of IFAN positions with regard to issues related to standards access and distribution.
WG8 Conformity Assessment:
- To develop, enhance and implement IFAN strategies and policies on conformity assessment
- To establish liaisons with international organizations concerned with conformity assessment (ISO, IAF, ILAC, IEC, etc.), nominate IFAN representatives to these groups as appropriate, serve as a consultation forum for the representatives concerned and prepare IFAN positions on issues under discussion
- To plan and carry out initiatives with respect to the implementation of IFAN strategies and policies on conformity assessment
PG14 Social responsibility:
To collect and to collate positions of IFAN members with regard social responsibility (SR), to deliver these positions to the ISO/TMB Working Group on SR and to monitor further developments concerning this subject.
WG16 Education and Training:
- To support and promote initiatives in education and training in the standardization field at international, regional and national levels
- To observe initiatives and inform the communities concerned by standardization (stakeholders, users, education professionals, experts, etc.) on education and training in the standardization field at international, regional and national levels
To support, facilitate and encourage networking in this field.
Further information on IFAN’s working and project groups can be found here